We offer MTM to our Medicare Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) beneficiaries with prescription drug coverage who need to manage multiple medications for chronic conditions. It is voluntary and available to eligible beneficiaries at no additional cost.
MTM is designed to help prevent medication related problems and improve health outcomes by improving the way you take your medications. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be notified by mail and/or by telephone with more information on the services offered.
MTM consists of two types of medication reviews:
- Comprehensive Medication Review: A detailed one-on-one review between the MTM pharmacist, and the patient or caregiver. The conversation usually lasts about 15 to 20 minutes. If issues are identified, the pharmacist will work with your doctor to help resolve the issue. After this review the pharmacist will mail you a list of your medications and an action plan based on your individual review.
- Targeted Medication Review: all eligible MTM members will receive quarterly targeted reviews. These reviews are based on claims data and look for specific common medication issues. The pharmacist may reach out to you for a brief conversation at this point, or may follow-up directly with your physician if issues are identified.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- It can help keep you safe – Our pharmacist will look at all your medications to check for interactions and make sure nothing you’re taking will cause you harm.
- You’ll get answers to your unique questions and concerns about your prescriptions – with the full attention of the pharmacist, you can get the information you need.
- Side effects may be identified – You may be experiencing side effects from a medication and not even know it. If an issue is discovered, the pharmacist can work with your doctor to fix it.
- You can ensure you’re getting the best value from your prescriptions – The pharmacist can sometimes find a lower cost, equally effective drug to save you money or help you find assistance to pay for your medicine.
First call to schedule an appointment. This appointment can take place either over the telephone or we can meet in person at our Customer Service center located at 250 Essjay Road in Williamsville, NY.
Mistakes and oversights can happen. Our pharmacists provide an additional set of eyes to help ensure your safety.
Yes. If you have a family member who helps you with your medications they can speak for you. We can refer to your health care proxy or we will ask you to fill out a privacy form, which will allow a family member or appointed caretaker to speak on your behalf.
If you are eligible for MTM and choose to speak to the pharmacist, the pharmacist will complete this Personal Medication List for you. You may also complete and print this form out for yourself.
For more information about MTM or to schedule an appointment call (716) 250-4436 or 1-800-247-1466 ext. 4436 (TTY users call 711) Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. or email
Pharmacy Benefit Dimensions is a subsidiary of Independent Health. Independent Health is a PDP with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Pharmacy Benefit Dimensions PDP depends on contract renewal between Independent Health and CMS.