Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
Our MTM pharmacists talk to members over the phone to make sure their medications are right for their health conditions. This conversation with the pharmacist helps identify, prevent, and resolve medication-related problems.
This helpful program is voluntary and available to eligible members for free. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will reach out to you by mail and/or by phone with more information on the program.
MTM consists of two types of medication reviews:
- A detailed one-on-one review between the MTM pharmacist, and the patient or caregiver. The conversation usually lasts about 15 to 20 minutes. If we identify issues, the pharmacist will work with your doctor to help resolve the issue. After this review the pharmacist will mail you a list of your medications and a to-do list based on your review.
- We will also review your medications in the background using claims data to look for specific common problems. If problems are identified, the pharmacist may reach out to you for a brief conversation or may follow-up directly with your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your total Part D covered prescription drug costs are likely to exceed $4,696 in 2022.
- You have received eight or more distinct prescriptions for chronic conditions.
- You have at least three of the following conditions:
Chronic Lung Disease
- It can help keep you safe – Our pharmacist will look at all your medications to check for interactions and make sure nothing you’re taking will cause you harm.
- You’ll get answers to your unique questions and concerns about your prescriptions – with the full attention of the pharmacist, you can get the information you need.
- Side effects may be identified – You may be experiencing side effects from a medication and not even know it. If an issue is discovered, the pharmacist can work with your doctor to fix it.
- You can ensure you’re getting the best value from your prescriptions – The pharmacist can sometimes find a lower cost, equally effective drug to save you money or help you find assistance to pay for your medicine.
To speak with a pharmacist please call to schedule an appointment over the telephone.
Mistakes and oversights can happen. Our pharmacists provide an additional set of eyes to help ensure your safety.
Yes. If you have a family member who helps you with your medications they can speak for you. We can refer to your health care proxy or we will ask you to fill out a Protected Health Information/HIPAA Authorization Form, which will allow a family member or appointed caretaker to speak on your behalf.
Here is what our member’s are saying: “The pharmacist was very helpful in giving me an overall summary of my medications and what each one was for. She was very informative, knowledgeable, and courteous. I think the MTM program was very valuable to me.”
– 2021 member survey
If you are eligible for MTM and choose to speak to the pharmacist, the pharmacist will complete this Personal Medication List for you. You may also complete and print this form out for yourself.
Pharmacy Benefit Dimensions is a subsidiary of Independent Health. Independent Health is a PDP with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Pharmacy Benefit Dimensions PDP depends on contract renewal between Independent Health and CMS.
Last Updated 2/25/2022